Evan Turek was an exceptional mentor who was dedicated to helping shape the next generation of food science scientists and developing leaders in the field. The Evan Turek Memorial Scholarships will be awarded to two undergraduates in food science that embody the scientific and leadership characteristics of Evan Turek.
There are two Evan Turek Memorial Scholarships available: The Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship and Mondeléz International Scholarship, and the Evan Turek Memorial Scholarship and Kraft Foods Internship.
Recipients Will Receive:
- One $1,000 scholarship
- The opportunity to intern at Kraft Foods or Mondeléz International during the summer of 2013
- Weekly internship salary and subsidized housing
- Applicant must be enrolled as a full-time sophomore, junior, or senior university student pursuing a food science degree at an IFT-approved undergraduate program
- Applicant's major must align with an area of interest at Mondeléz International and/or Kraft Foods (agricultural engineering, biochemistry, chemical engineering, dairy science, food chemistry, food engineering, food packaging, non-thermal processing or related discipline)
- Applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA in food science
- Applicant must demonstrate exceptional leadership experience
- Applicant must join or renew student membership to IFT by May 1, 2013
- Applicant must have or obtain a F1 visa if he or she is an international student
The application deadline has passed. Please visit ift.org/scholarships for additional scholarship opportunities.
For questions, please contact:
Development Coordinator, Feeding Tomorrow